Sunday 20 July 2014

D-Day minus 3. Could we cancel?

A few days before the demo,  out of the blue, we joined an airgun club. 

What has this got to do with my Thermomix story?

We had borrowed guns from the people at the Clun to try out. We couldn't expect them to keep letting us use their weapons, so we wanted to at least get one gun between is, something fairly inexpensive and secondhand.   We learned that one of the best game fairs in the country was taking place at Blenheim the  weekend of the Demo, on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  Lots of gun sellers, a fantastic opportunity to try lots of guns and find what suited.

Except MH was away at the weekend.  And on Friday evening we had Monty Python.  And on Friday morning, we had that bloody Thermomix demo.     

Never mind.  MH couldn't change his weekend commitment. And there would be other game fairs.  I checked. There weren't.

We looked at each other.  We could get to Blenheim and back on the Friday in time for Monty Python, but only if I cancelled the demo.  After all, It wasn't as if I was going to buy a Thermomix yet.
I couldn't do it. I couldn't cancet.   It was too short notice, and I couldn't mess Natarsha around - or all the people who had kindly agreed to come along.    Maybe if I hadn't had all the earlier messing about with dates, I might have done it...but I just couldn't do it. 

Bloody Thermomix. 


No comments:

Post a Comment