Friday, 25 July 2014
I wanted to make a 500g loaf, with some ground seeds, some wholemeal flour, and a bit of rye flour. I used the quantities from my bread machine book. Thermy mixed and then kneaded beautifully, but the dough eas too wet. I added a biy more flour and kneaded by hand. I then put it in a banneton, put the banneton in a plastic bag and left it on my windsowsill to rise. I forgot about it for hours, and when I remembered it hasd risen and collapsed a bit. I heated my oven using the bread setting and a stone. I poired the soggy dough onto the pizza stone and baked it. It turned out better than it looked. The lack of success was completely down to me.