Saturday 2 August 2014

Pizza Dough

I normally make pizza dough in my Kitchen Aid.  I found a pizza dough recipe in the Thermomix book.

I decided, of course, to use Thermy but not the Thermy recipe. This was because I use 00 flour, not strong flour,  and so the quantities for water etc were different.

Yhe Thermy method worked well. I had to add more water to my dough, as it didn't come together enough.

When it was kneaded though, it looked pretty good.  I rolled it into a sausage, took hold of each end, and then flipped it up and down gently to see how it stretched.... it looked good.

I let it rise for a couple of hours, then cut it in two, One half went into the freezer, with a note that it "needs 2nd rise". The other lot had its second rise.

I emptied a 500ml jar of home made passata into a small frying pan, and put it on to reduce. 

After 15 minutes, I put the oven on with the pizza stone in.

After 3/4 of an hour, the passata was a very reduced thick paste. I stirred in some Italian Herbs from a tube (very lazy on my part, I know), and turned the heat down to a simmer.  5 minutes later I turned the heat off and left it.

One hour after putting the dough in for its second rise, I retrieved it. Rolled it out, put it on a pizza peel, turned up the edges to stop the toppings sliding off. Then I put on the reduced tomato sauce, some mozzarella, and marked the half way point. I put mushrooms on my halg, MH put garlic sausage on his.  I sprinkled black pepper, and then some parmesan.  Then, slid it on to the pizza stone.

5 minutes later, we were almost done, just another minute to crisp the crust.

 Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment