Tuesday 5 August 2014

Chicken Risotto

It's finally time to try cooking risotto in Thermy.

I used the recipe in the Fast and Easy  cookbook, substituting cooked chicken for the asparagus. And using part oil/butter (as per the Milanesi recipe)  instead of all oil. And I didn't have any dry white wine, so I used Gewurtztraminer, which is an aromatic, floral wine.

The process worked well, and it was fast.

I wasn't worried by the soupiness of the risotto, indeed the recipe warned that it would be so.

Upon reflection and tasting I would
  • ignore the instruction to serve immediately, and instead let it stand for 5 minutes
  • allow an extra minute or two cooking time because I was using real, home made, chicken stock...and it was cold from the fridge.
  • go to the shop and buy some dry white wine instead of using my very-not-cheap Gewurtz.
 It was OK.

It wasn't exactly a great success, but it wasn't a fail.

I've saved some risotto to see if I can make deep fried risotto balls.





No comments:

Post a Comment