I used Delia's Four Star Slaw recipe (from her Christmas cookbook) as a base.
I didn't have one of the "stars", celeriac, nor did I have any soured cream. Nor spring onions. But, apart from that, I used her ingredients and proportions.
I halved her recipe and, with my substitutions, this is roughly what I did.
- Peeled about 150g of carrots, then cut them into 2 inch pieces. I dropped these on the running blades at about speed 6 to make them a bit smaller. They need to still be too big, as there will be further chopping shortly. Scrape down bowl.
- Added about 150g of white cabbage,
- Added half a stick of celery (cut into 1 inch pieces, should probably have done this with the carrot
- Added some red onion - I didn't weigh it, sorry
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 tablespoon natural yoghurt (I used greek style)
- A further 75g of yogurt to compensate for no soured cream
- 1 tablespoon oilive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder1/2 tablespoon cider apple vinegar (should have been white wine vinegar, but I picked up the wrong bottle)
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- I added some parsley to enhance the colour
- salt and pepper.
I blitzed on speed 4 four about 6 seconds.
Lovely and fresh. If you like your coleslaw a bit sweeter, I'd probably replace some of the yoghurt with mayonnaise.