Friday 8 August 2014

Dips - Hummus, and Cucumber Raita

I made Hummus yesterday in Thermy, using a tin of chickpeas, a jar of out of data Tahini,  some lemon juice, some garlic.

I wasn't too sure about it. I don't really like the texture of hummus, always reminds me of baked beans (shudder).

Today, after 24 hours in the fridge, it wasn't bad at all.  MH liked it, which was a bit of a miracle.

I have a hummus recipe book on my kindle, and I think I'll try some alternative flavourings.

I'm wondering whether to buy more tahini, or whether to buy sesame seeds and  make my own.

Watch this space!


I also made cucumber raita.  I can't remember how long the instructions said to blitz for, it was seconds,  it was too long.  I had a kind of pulverized cucumber.

However, it worked surprisingly well.  I'll try mint and cucumber next time.

Well done Thermy!


No comments:

Post a Comment